|BEER & PRETZELS||JOIN OUR SITE|
|EVENTS/CLASSIFIED||VIEW A WISH LIST|
|HISTORY/SPIRIT RACING||CART EMPTY|
| System | Manufacturer | Roleplaying Accessories |
|InStock? NO||Login or Join to create/use a wish list|
A Thousand and One Adventures Await!
The stories come from Arabia, Persia, India, even China. They tell not only of fearsome djinni and fantastical palaces, but also of profound spiritual insight and transformation. They reflect the enormous Islamic civilization during the ninth to thirteenth centuries, which stretched from Spain across North Africa to Cairo, across the Arabian peninsula, up to Damascus and Baghdad, further north to Samarkand, across what is now Afghanistan, down into India, and Beyond. A traveller could wander across this vast region speaking Arabic, studying and praying in mosques, and trading with fellow Moslems. The stories are decadent, prejudiced, and fantastical, as well as redeeming, illuminating, and grounded. The stories are best known as the Thousand and One Nights.
Within this book one will find:
* A rich and detailed history of the Golden Age of Islam, as presented by the famed Thousand and One Nights
* The Geography of Earth during the height of the Caliphate
* The history, powers, and challenges of the Six Tribes of Jinn
* Fantastical locations that a Hero of the Nights might visit and terrible menaces that your Hero may face
* Framing: a new and exciting use for Conviction, where you the player can spin your own tale (wherein you may save your own hide!), and the Narrator can in turn take on a role
The Adventure Begins at Nightfall!
These volume discounts are in addition to sale and special offer prices.
Spirit Games (Est. 1984, Lefglow Ltd) - Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures and scenery, new and traditional board and card games for the last 34 years
Contact Us | Policies | Postage and Package | Privacy | Links | Cookies | Site Map