Login or Join to create/use a wish list
"The essence of Fire is the way of passion and destruction, of creation and death. It is oneness with the driving impulses of the innermost spirit and the sheer, raging intensity of the wildfire that scours the plains."
-Tao of Shinsei
Fire is the fiercest and most destructive of the five elements, the burning passion that drives men both to war and to create in equal measure. The searing influence of the flames can push mortals to pen the most beautiful of poems or perform the most impassioned dances, to sing the most mournful of all song, or to paint the most resonating images one's eye has ever beheld. Likewise, fire can push a man to anger, to wrath and ruin, to destruction and death. No war has ever been fought that was not driven by the burning inside one man's soul.
The Book of Fire is the third in a series of elemental sourcebooks for the Legend of the Five Rings. The Book of Fire explores the many aspects of samurai culture that centre upon the tempestuous Fire Ring and its aspects. From the silent intensity of the poet to the blazing chaos of the field of battle, every aspect of the fearsome essence of Fire will be examined. In this book you will find:
There is no review for this game at the moment why not be the first to review
it (you never know you might win a prize)?
- An extensive examination on the Emerald Empire's emphasis on the art of Kenjutsu, the way of the sword, and its many aspects including how thousands of samurai across the land are trained in its intricacies each and every year.
- A detailed discussion of the most sacred of all crafting arts swordsmithing.
- The power of Fire magic in its many aspects, from sheer destruction to repair inspiration, and enhancement.
- New Fire-centred Kiho and new monastic orders associated with Fire.
- The Hundred Stances Dojo, a new and detailed Fire-themed campaign setting that can be inserted into any L5R game.
- And much more!
Geek Link for more Reviews