List Games by
Gloom 2nd Edition
Login or Join to create/use a wish list
The sky is GREY, the tea is COLD and a new TRAGEDY lies around every corner...
Control an Eccentric Family of Misfits
In Gloom your goal is sad, but simple: Make your freakish family suffer the greatest tragedies possible before passing on to the well-deserved respite of death, and tell tale of their miserable demise.
Pursued by Poodles or Delighted by Ducklings
Play cards with horrible mishaps on your own Characters to lower their Self-Worth scores, while cheering your opponents with happy occasions that pile on positive points.
Transparent Cards Reveal Your Fate
Clear plastic cards reveal, or cover up the effects of the cards below. The totals showing through give your score. May the most miserable soul win!
New Features for the 2nd Edition:
There is no review for this game at the moment why not be the first to review
it (you never know you might win a prize)?
- Backwards compatibility is completely maintained between editions. You can use 2nd Edition expansions with your original edition core game, and vice versa.
- Sturdy new telescoping box
- Timing icons in the style of Cthulhu Gloom and Unquiet Dead are incorporated throughout the 2nd Edition.
- Rules cards and icon reminder cards are included for easy reference.
- The card list, and the effect texts of individual cards, have been polished for a better play experience. For example, complex cards like "Body Thief," and cards with delayed effects, have been removed.
- All the Story icons and a few family icons in the 2nd Edition have been redrawn by artist Todd Remick.
- Gloom 2nd Edition uses the discard rule from Cthulhu Gloom.
- Horror icons have been removed from the 2nd Edition
- Death cards in the 2nd Edition have a central art piece, as Cthulhu Gloom does, as well as a blank Story icon at top right. Characters no longer flip upon death.
- Event cards in the 2nd Edition have a center illustration and a blank icon in the top right spot, to give them the same silhouette as a Death card.
- "Pathos Points" are now called "Self-Worth Points," to avoid unnecessary proliferation of game terms.
- A number of mechanical changes have been made in the rule sheet. For example, timing icons, symbols on Event cards, and the new discard rule have been accounted for.
Geek Link for more Reviews
5% over £50
10% over £100
These volume discounts are in addition to sale and special offer prices.
13 to adult
Spirit Games (Est. 1984, Lefglow Ltd) - Supplying role playing games (RPG),
wargames rules, miniatures
scenery, new and traditional board and card games for the last 34 years
Contact Us | Policies | Postage
and Package | Privacy | Links | Cookies |